Thursday, July 26, 2012

Making the jump to Blogging

MANNKRAFTED CUSTOM PUTTERS AND DESIGNS
First time blog launches a new place to show and tell......and maybe even sell


A friend at Karas Kustoms finally got me to set up a blog and see if I can get things rolling here, until my new site is up and running.  I'll stop in a few times a day and update whenever possible.  The new site is in development and I am crossing my fingers that it launches within the week.  Until that time, I'll post some pics of projects that have gone out in the past twelve months as well as some new items that I am putting together for the guys who are MannKrafted fans, but are not to the point of purchasing a hand made or hand krafted putter, just yet.  I hope you like what you see and stop back by, as often as you can.
Thanks for stopping by and let's see what I can get rolling as a first blog putter.  
This putter is one that was ordered after the customer saw the "044" model that I had made for eGolf Tour Player, Chris Kamin and took a liking to that basic design, but wanted to put a softer, more symetrical spin on the shaping.  We went with a fairly even toe and heel rounding, the triple sight lines and two bombs in the back cavity that carry the initials of the customer's children.  The aim was for a putter with a little more heft than you see in a lot of off the rack putters,  so this one was milled to 364 grams and the customer reports that he "made most everything inside 10 ft. which is where I struggled before, and I did not miss a putt 5 ft or less."  It is always good to get feedback like that from a customer who basically bought the putter based on pictures of others I have made and put his full trust in my understanding of what he wanted, what his preferences were and what his stroke deemed the best for his game.
The finish he chose, coming from a humid climate, was a satin black polymer that will not require any maintenance at all, and looks very cool when matched with the black shaft.  I was able to make the translucent colors in the bombs to pop a little bit by masking the steel after milling and keeping the dark finish out of those areas.
If you like what you see, contact me at mannkraftedgolf@gmail.com until my normal email at lamont@mannkrafted.com is back up and operational.
Have an amazing weekend ahead and thanks for stopping by.

LaMont in AZ





 You can see additional pictures of this putter at various stages by viewing my photobucket.com album set up for this rascal.
Here is that direct link:

 http://s654.photobucket.com/albums/uu270/MannKrafted/HandMilling%20Works/044%20Mallet/Rye%20Spec%20Prototype%20for%20Leder/

No comments:

Post a Comment